This article will run you through how to upload and import your content into the Voxpopme portal. There are two options
Option 1 - Use our new Importer and drag and drop your files into your projects. This is ideal for English responses.
- This is available on the Dashboard where you should see the following option -
- Click on Import videos and you will be led to an area where you can drag and drop your files. When you have added all of your files you will be asked if you would like to create a new Import project or add to an existing Import project
You will then see the status of the import as the files upload into your Project
Option 2 - Use our 'Bulk importer' which is ideal for responses where you need to change the Locale, or add additional data during import such as unique identifiers, demographic information, etc.
- If your project is not already live in the Voxpopme portal, start by creating an Import Project once logged in via Create Import Project.
- Once your project has been created select the three button action menu. From here choose the option ‘Bulk Importer’.
- Next, you’ll need to upload the video responses required. Select the type of content you would like to import followed by ‘Choose files’ and select all the files you would like to import. Multiple files can be added at one time.
- Each file might take a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes depending on factors such as file size and internet speed, etc. Once the upload is complete, the option to ‘Download Import Spreadsheet’ will appear. Select the option, and a spreadsheet will download that contains a direct video link for each video response. The current maximum file size per video file is 5GB.
- Add any additional data required to the spreadsheet. We recommend at a minimum adding a unique identifier for each response, it may be useful to include key demographics or survey answers too. Additional data can be added by inserting new columns into the spreadsheet.
When adding additional data, all the columns headings should be named accordingly with how you would like the additional data to appear in the portal. Remember to include all the additional data you require in the spreadsheet. Additional data can either be structured or unstructured. Structured data, for example ‘first_name’, ‘age’ and ‘gender’ is recognised by the system and will be automatically integrated into the platform.
- birthday_date_formatted (the format should be YYYY-MM-DD)
- first_name (string)
- last_name (string)
- gender (string either 'male' or 'female')
- hometown_location_city (string)
- hometown_location_country (string)
- Age (must be a whole number)
Any other data passed through that is unstructured can be viewed as ‘Additional Data’. If you are doing multiple imports, it's important that you use the exact same naming conventions for the additional data i.e 'Cars' is different to 'cars'.
When naming the columns, if you’d like the map function within the portal to work on your project please ensure that you pass through city and country as shown above (City - hometown_location_city, Country - hometown_location_country).
- Non-English content - if you're importing non-English content ensure that a final column is added named 'loc', then enter the locale for each of the video responses being imported. This will inform the system that you are importing Non-English video responses as opposed to English video responses. Dependent on the project, it may be that you need to add several different locales next to the responses being imported, as there may be several different languages contained within this one project.
- Audio only content - if you're importing audio only content add another column with ‘audioOnly’ and add a 1 in each of the rows that contains an audio only file.
The ‘Video/Audio’ links generated will show in a column, the additional data must match up with each individual video.
Once the columns names are all set up and the file is ready, save your document as a CSV/XLS/XLSX. The Video URL must be included in the spreadsheet - this will link directly to the individual video response.
Head back to the portal. To import your responses, either select ‘Now import your Video/Audio’ or if you’re no longer on the file upload page, choose ‘Import Response’ from the three button action menu.
- Click on ‘Choose file’ and choose the spreadsheet file you have created, then click “Submit”.
When the file has been submitted, the portal will ask you to prepare your data. Here you will be able to see all the additional data that will be passed through with each response.
On the right-hand side of each piece of additional data you will see a drop down menu. Here please select ‘Video/Audio File’ for the column that contains the video/audio file. If you are passing through age or gender, please select these specifically from the drop-down menu in the appropriate field. Any other additional data you would like passed through should be left as ‘Additional Data’. If there’s any you would not like included, please select ‘Ignore’.
A preview of the first 5 records will be displayed below, here you can take a look at all the data that will be passed through, and you are able to confirm that this is all the data you would like to include.
When you’re ready, click ‘Submit’. The system will do a quick check to ensure each video file is valid. It will then begin importing the files into the system. Please wait for several minutes for the import. Do not try to resubmit the import file. If you are having any technical problems, please get in touch with the team at Voxpopme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.